Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A new perspective

Just another day of December in camp where there are super few people around. I was eating noodles alone in the camp canteen when i saw one of my camp buddy, Jonathan, walking over. I was like "Great, and i wanted to be left alone today >_>)

We did chatted for a bit and then he asked me "Eh, why you so sian?". I contemplated for a bit and then asked him "What are you looking forward to nowadays?" He was silent for a few moments and then he replied "Why, i look forward to life as a Singaporean. I'm privileged to have a good education, a stable background and a happy family" He then turned to me and said " You can look forward to your swimming / jogging regime like you have been doing everyday for one year plus. You can look forward to your weight losing goal. You look quite great nowadays, you know" The answer i got from him was something i totally didnt expected at all and realised that i have overlooked the simple blessings in life that i have. True, my family income is deteoriating, my relationship with my parents are at oods, I'm struggling to find the answer to what i want to do after NS (not to mention the sad fact that i'm still sing**) But it could have been worse. My family could have been bankrupt, my parents could have divorced or god knows what could happen *shudder >_<* or something like that. So i guess i hold on tight to that thin little thread of fate and do my best everyday. Maybe my life will change for the better? Whatever it is, i have my own two hands to mould my destiny...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home